A spec ad is an advertisement that you have written by yourself but that has not been published to any platforms.
Facebook Ad Specs:
While advertising, your advertisements can be published and displayed in variety of formats across many platforms. In Facebook there are certain standard specifications prescribed. This article will help to know the details in short.
Best practices are as follows:
· Text overlay
· Bold eye-catching visuals
· Clear focus on the important message
Image Ad specifications are as follows:
· Square images=1200*1200 pixels
· Vertical Images: 1080*1920 pixels
· Image types: Lifestyle images and product shots
· Image quantity: Atleast 10
· Use Case
Video Ad Specifications are as follows
· Square Video: 1200 x 1200 pixels
· Vertical Video: 1080 x 1920 pixels
· Length: Less than 15 seconds
· Resolution: Not more than 4 GB
· Thumbnails: 20 % texts can be used
Twitter Ad Specs:
Creating ad specs in twitter is pretty easy and straight forward. There are mainly ten types of cards. They are-
o Plain Text Tweet: Ad Specs= Text: 280 characters (link = 24 characters)
o Image Website card:
· Tweet copy: 256 characters
· Website title length: 70 characters, recommended 50 to ensure that truncation won’t occur.
· Twitter card image size: 800 x 418px or 800 x 800px for 1:1 aspect ratio (max 3mb)
· Aspect Ratio: 1:91:1 or 1:1.
· File types: PNG and JPEG are recommended. No BMP or TIFF files.
o Video Website Card:
· Tweet copy: 280 characters
· Headline (under video): 70 characters, less than 50 recommended
· File type: MP4 or MOV
· Aspect Ratio: 16×9 or 1×1
· URL: Must begin with http:// or https://
· File size: No limit, but under 1GB recommended. No GIFs.
· Video Codec: H264, baseline, 4:2:0 colour space
· Frame rate: 29.97FPS or 30FPS
· Video bitrate recommendation:
o 6,000K – 10,000K for 1080P
o 5,000K – 8,000K for 720P
Once you have an understanding about this Ad specs, you can go ahead with post of advertisements. This will defenitely help you to optimize your campaigns with the rules that are related to them so that you get the best performance from the campaign and increase the budgets according to the necessity.
To learn more about this get your Digital Marketing Certification done.